How to make Wheat Halwa ?
1 0 0 0
Wheat flour - 1 cup
Sugar - 2 1/2 cups
Ghee - 3/4 cup
Milk - 1/4 (cow's milk or aavin or any company)
Corn flour -1 tbsp
Cashew nuts -10
Chop cashew nuts into small pieces, fry it in ghee and keep it aside.
Grease a tray or a shallow vessel with ghee and keep it ready.
1. Take 1 cup of wheat flour and make a stiff dough with approximately 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp of water.
2. Now take 2 cups of water and soak the stiff dough in it for 2-3 hours.After 2-3 hours
3. Mix the dough with your hands, until it dissolves well in the water and becomes milky. There should be no lumps.
4. Filter the milk (wheat flour milk) using a soup or juice strainer. Add 1 tbsp of corn flour to it and mix well. Also add a pinch of kesari powder to it.
5. Heat a heavy bottomed vessel or uruli, melt 1/4 cup of ghee, add the cow's milk and the wheat flour milk. Keep the flame low and stir it continuously.
6. When it becomes slightly thick, (jam consistency) add sugar and mix well. Then add the rest of the ghee little by little stirring continuously.
7. Your hands will pain but you have to stir continuously without stopping in medium or low flame until the halwa starts leaving the sides of the pan. Then immediately pour it on a greased vessel.
8. Grease the bottom of a cup with ghee and even the surface. Sprinkle fried cashew nuts on the top. It will stick to the halwa in the heat. Allow it to cool. Once it cools, it will set a little. You will not be able to make slices, as it will be of scooping consistency.
There are no user reviews for this listing.