India Roundup May 19
1 0 0 0
1. Pak could ignore ICJ order on Jadhav; India may again seek consular access : With the International Court of Justicestaying Kulbhushan Jadhav's execution, Pakistan will have to wait till the case is heard in detail and a verdict delivered. The earliest he could have been hanged is May 19, so at least that will not happen now.
2. HC asks cops to produce ‘surrendered’ Maoist Podiyam Panda in court : The Chhattisgarh high court on Thursday ordered Bastar police to produce 'surrendered' Maoist Podiyam Panda next Monday, even as cops maintained that he was free to appear in the court.
3. School teacher’ made director, but Chidambaram’s son Karti controlled business : The documents recovered by Enforcement Directorate during its probe against former finance minister P Chidambaram's son Karti Chidambaram and his front companies reveal that Padma Bhaskararaman, wife of Karti's close aide S Bhaskararaman, was made a promoter and director on record of Advantage Strategic Consulting Pvt Ltd (ASCPL) to conceal the real identity of people controlling the business.
4. India ranks below Lanka, Bangladesh on healthcare index : India continues to be one of the poor performers ranking at 154, much below China, Sri Lanka and even Bangladesh, in terms of quality and accessibility of healthcare, according to the new Global Burden of Disease study published in the Lancet.
5. Reversal of Jadhav sentence not a foregone conclusion: Expert : "A reversal of Jadhav's conviction and sentence and his subsequent release is far from a foregone conclusion," Kumar said. legal system."
6. Jadhav verdict: Amit Shah showers praise on PM Modi, Harish Salve : BJP welcomed the ICJ order on Thursday and said it vindicated the Modi government's decision to take Pakistan to the UN court. Stating that it marked a big relief to Jadhav's family and the nation as a whole, party chief Amit Shah praised Centre for "quick and effective measures on the matter".
7. ICJ verdict on Jadhav: Urgency established, says Indian judge on bench : In a separate declaration, Indian judge Dalveer Bhandari, while concurring with the main ICJruling, said that so long as there was a risk of Kulbhushan Jadhav being executed before the final disposal of the case, there was going to be urgency in the matter.
8. Jadhav verdict: Congress senses public mood, changes stand : Congress hailed the ICJ verdict on Thursday and slammed Pakistan for kangaroo justice, realigning its stance with general sentiment after having voiced scepticism over the Centre's decision to approach the Hague.
9. India will seek annulment of Pak military court’s death sentence to Kulbhushan Jadhav : India will seek annulment of the secret Pakistani military court's death sentence for Kulbhushan Jadhav. This was stated by Harish Salve, India's counsel at the International Court of Justice(ICJ), who indicated that seeking consular access to Jadhav may not be the priority now.
10. Two days after CBI raids, Karti leaves for London as per schedule : Two days after the CBI conducted searches in his premises, Karti Chidambaram, son of former Union finance minister P Chidambaram on Thursday left for London.
11. Kulbhushan Jadhav case: Under-fire Pakistan government to get new lawyers for ICJ case : Under fire from almost everyone at home after yesterday's Hague ruling in the Kulbhushan Jadhav case, the Pakistan government plans to set up a new team of lawyers to argue the case at the International Court of Justice (ICJ), Pakistani media reported.
12. Aggressive domination of troops on LoC very satisfying,' tweets Arun Jaitley : Defence minister Arun Jaitley said on Twitter today that "aggressive domination" by the country's troops on the Line of Control (LoC) is "very satisfying".
13. Day after ICJ ruling, some Pakistanis ask why Kulbhushan Jadhav was not given consular access : Some Pakistanis have now begun to ask questions about why Indian national Kulbhushan Jadhav was denied consular access.
There are no user reviews for this listing.