Simply Superb benefits of eating Rice and Daal together
1 0 0 0
A cup of white rice contains 37% of your DV for manganese, 17% of your day's selenium and lesser quantities of several minerals and B vitamins. Four tablespoons of lentils provide an additional 12% of the DV for manganese; 8% of your iron, phosphorus and copper for the day; and 20% of the DV for folate. Brown rice is an excellent source of magnesium, phosphorus, copper, manganese and selenium and is also rich in several of the B vitamins.
Dishes of rice and lentils, usually perfumed with spices and caramelized onions, are a staple from the Middle East all the way to India. In its other incarnation as a highly spiced stew of lentils or similar legumes, daal brings bright flavors, rich aromas and often a vivid, visually striking color contrast to the simple dish of rice.
A 1 cup portion boasts only 600 milligrams of dietary fiber, just 2% of your daily value. Adding 1/4 cup of lentils to that rice just 4 tablespoons provides an additional 3.6 grams, or 16% of your DV, for a total of 18%. A cup of brown rice contains 3.5 grams of fiber, or 14% of the DV, forming an even more potent combination with your lentils.